Our heart lies in the mountains and we prefer to explore them on two wheels. For many years the gourmet and connoisseur hotel Minglers Sportalm, your bike hotel in Kirchberg near Kitzbühel, has been providing award-winning bike expertise and an extensive offer for mountain bikers and road riders. In our family-managed hotel, which has just 29 rooms and suites where you get to feel great, an exclusive Alpin Spa with Infinity Indoor Pool and award-winning cuisine we cordially welcome all bikers to enjoy our sporty, casual and laidback atmosphere. And landlord Philipp is by your side to provide advice at any time as a certified bike guide.
Facilities that meet the needs of cyclists, the best meals and competent advice are guaranteed too, so are a wide range of bike tour talks, maps, workshops and guided tours for all difficulty levels. As a certified Mountainbike Holidays Hotel and Partner to Bike Academy Kirchberg (approx. 700 metres from the hotel) service and providing an extensive range of cycling options is very important to us.
- In our family-managed hotel we welcome you with Tirol cordiality and combine pleasure, good food, the joy of being outside and relaxation, to create the perfect holiday destination for your time-out from the daily grind.
- Hotel manager and bike guide Philipp and the other bike guides show you the loveliest tours and most exciting trails and are by your side to provide tips and suggestions. During the variety-packed weekly programme of bike events, there is something for everyone at Bikeacademy and thanks to the many benefits for bikers a dreamy bike holiday is assured in our bike hotel!
- In summer bike events, such as KitzAlpBike, bike festivals and bike rallies bring bike enthusiasts to the Kitzbühel Alps (to the event calendar).
- With over 1000km designated road and mountain bike routes the region provides suitable stretches and routes for every ability level – from panorama tours to easy single trails to the challenging Fleckalm Trail, which proceeds very close to the hotel, heading up to the valley station for the Fleckalmbahn and which is one of Tirol's "Great Trails". The region's infrastructure is inspiring, not just because of the many cable cars which provide bike transport – but also for E-bikers, since it provides a great network of charging stations.
- And if you want to enjoy a break, you can relax in the Alpin Spa in the hotel or in the variety-packed natural surroundings in the Kitzbühel Alps. Barely any other region offers such a variety of activities and beautiful natural surroundings.
The Kitzbühel Alps are not just an ideal area for bike pros, they are also perfect for beginners, those getting back into riding and pleasure riders alike. In the dreamily beautiful lateral valleys in Brixental, cosy, wonderful Alpine inns and lodges are accessible. All you need to do is climb just a few metres to explore the dreamy landscape by bike.
The towns of Brixen im Thale, Kirchberg in Tirol and Westendorf nestle between the mountain massifs of the Hohe Salve and the Kitzbühel Horn, on Brixental’s sunny plateau at around 800 metres. The valley is open on both sides and is an ideal hiking area and bike terrain. Over 1000 kilometres of cycling routes, of which 800 km are MTB routes & trails at 40,000 metres altitude provide unlimited cycling fun from May to October.
Bike fun for everyone, right at the hotel
It is not just mountain bikers and Single Trail fans who are well catered-for here – road riders, tourers, pleasure riders and nature lovers will find their own paradise in the Kitzbühel Alps.
With the Bike Park and the trails close to the hotel, we provide the optimum training terrain for all ability levels. There are an extensive range of routes and offers available:
- Unbeatable range of trails:
Fleckalm Trail Kirchberg in Tirol (one of the 5 Great Trails in Tirol)
Lisi Osl Trail
and many more.
- Bike Parks
- Cross-country race routes
- Dirt Jumps
- Drop zones
- Biker-X routes
- Trial Zone
- Switch Backs
- Freeride route - Ehrenbach Trail Kitzbühel
Certified mountain bike region Kitzbühel Alps
Not many regions can define themselves as a quality-approved mountain bike region. The Kitzbühel Alps - Brixental bike region has undergone strict testing procedures and is one of the first to receive the "Approved Area" seal of approval in all three categories: Tour & Trail, Easy & Family and Enduro & Parks. The infrastructure, hotels along with the specialist bike shops and the bike school have to be meet strict guidelines to receive this seal of approval from the "Mountain Bike Holidays" cooperation.
The benefits for you in the certified bike region:
- At least 20 set out mountain bike tours
- Characterised by a wide variety of difficulty levels
- Free mountain bike information material
- Bike hire, workshop and specialist bike shop right in the region
- Website with extensive mountain bike information
- Advisory expertise
- Bike transport via public transport or cable cars right through the expanse of the Kitzbühel Alps
Specials & discounts for bikers in your bike hotel, Minglers Sportalm
- The hotel's own bike guide and member of the family Philipp is happy to advise you on all the biking opportunities that are available and about leisure activities in the Kitzbühel Alps
- 6 times a week guided tours in 3 ability groups (Small/Medium/Extreme), with single trails and downhill options
- Ride technique training every Monday with PC-supported video analysis and cockpit set-up
- Test and hire bikes are supplied in the hotel and inspire thanks to their high quality, scrupulous maintenance and state-of-the-art technology
- Plenty of bike stands are available at the hotel
- in the CCTV-monitored bike garage you have the option to gently hang your bikes by the saddle, which saves your brakes and rims
- Facility to dry bike clothing
- Bike washing service
- Specific bike tools and workstands, lubricants, compressor and much more
- Wash area with high pressure cleaner
- Use of the Wellness area of the hotel, with sauna, steam bath and Infinity pool
- Bike information corner with lots of tips, bike magazines and interesting information about your bike region
- Tour maps available from Reception (with bespoke route information)
- Help with bike route planning
- Garmin GPS devices available on loan (fee payable) – there is of course the option of downloading tours
- Weather information, tips, tour meals
- Guided hikes for "non-cycling" companions
- Introductory Nordic Walking course with a trained instructor
- Your bike hotel is located right on the Trans Alp route
- Extensive buffet breakfast, perfect for athletes, with fresh produce from local farmers
- Gourmet menus to choose from in the evening – we are also happy to serve you all kinds of pasta dishes, as starters or mains
- Après-bike snack after an action-packed day in the Kitzbühel Alps
- Xenofit bars & drinks available in the hotel
- 3-, 4- or 7-day packages available to book on an individual basis
- Download area for tour photos and videos
Mountain biker information from A-Z
Key facts about the bike offers available in your bike hotel Minglers Sportalm in Kirchberg near Kitzbühel from A to Z:
- Après-bike snack
from 15:30 to 16:30 in our hotel bar
- Cable car
The Fleckalmbahn is just 500 metres from the hotel.
The Bikeacademy is at the Fleckalmbahn car park, around 5 minutes from our hotel. Kurt Exenberger and his guides are partners of our hotel, and throughout the week offer you guided tours and technique training.
Programme in the Bike Info Corner and at our Reception.
- Bike garage
The bike garage is monitored by CCTV (between the Landhaus and the main building).
- Bike magazines
Bike magazines are available in the entrance area and also in our Bike Info Corner.
- Bike park
The bike park can be used free of charge at any time. The Bikeacademy information pack is in our Bike Info Corner and contains important information about tours, tips and rules.
- Regular bikers get-together
Kurt Exenberger and his team visit our cycling guests in the hotel every Sunday at around 17:30.
- Bike wash area & bike stands
These are located in front of the garage (hose, brushes, sponges and clothes are provided at the bike wash area.)
- Shower on the day you are due to depart
The showers in the indoor pool and the sauna are available for you to use throughout the day.
If you prefer specific sports nutrition products, please let us know when you arrive.
- Bicycle room
The bicycle room is located in the basement of the Landhaus. It is open during the day but closed in the evening. Your bikes are CCTV monitored in the bike room.
- Ride technique training
Ride technique training is held at the Bikeacademy in the Bike Park. You can participate on both a Monday and a Thursday.
- Guided tours
take place every day from May to October. Tours with guides in the Bikeacademy or the hotel tour on Tuesday with Philipp start between 9:30 and 10. Should you take part in a special tour, please take note of the start times. We are happy to take care of vouchers and registration at Reception.
Bike Academy at the Fleckalmbahn and Tonis Pro Shop in Kirchberg town centre provide expert servicing for any damage to your mountain bike.
- Hire bikes
are available in the Bike Academy and are supplied free of charge to the hotel, then collected again.
We are happy to reserve massage treatments for you, please contact Reception.
- Mountain bike map
Maps of the area are available at Reception.
For repairs, we recommend Tonis Pro Shop on Bahnhofstraße in Kirchberg. Open weekdays from 09:00 to 12:00 and from 14:00 to 18:00, as well as Saturdays from 08:00 to 13:00.
Locks to secure your bikes in the bike store or when you are out on a tour, are available at Reception.
- Drying room
When the weather is wet you can hang up your wet weather gear in the heated cellar area. The best way to dry your shoes is by packing them with newspaper. In the Landhaus next to the bike storage area you will find newspapers, drying racks and shelves for footwear.
- Tour map
Tour maps are available in the Bike Info Corner. Philipp is happy to provide information about routes.
Our main water supply is high quality Tirol spring water and can be consumed without any hesitation.
- Laundry service
We offer our bikers a daily laundry service. Please give us your dirty laundry by 18:00. Laundry sacks are in your room. Your freshly laundered items will be returned to you next morning.
Tools for minor repairs are available from Reception.